Friday, March 18, 2011

First Auditions Free Men

:: Lu Damiani:

With this great photo at the end of last year Luciana Damiani, 54 are elected to the National Visual Arts Prize Carmelo Arden Quin.
Not only is chosen, but, with this piece called "Sutil and perverse "Cultural Center of Spain gave him his award artistic residence in Spain" a great achievement for a young artist as Luciana.
Lu Damiani IENBA study, and attended the central workshop Carlo Seveso, for 2009 started going to the FAC with Lopez Lage. Where "found an area to share and discuss contemporary art as well as being part of the"
late last year sent the questions, and very kindly agreed to answer them, here are your answers:
1. Tell us your name and age?
Luciana Damiani and I have 29 years
2. Where, how, when and why you became an artist?
art always intrigued me. Arts began in 2001, but only in
2007, with the sample NENAS I feel that what they did was art. But I ran out Fine Arts
. In 2009 I started going to the FAC with Lopez
Lage and that you found an area to share and discuss contemporary art, and be part of it


3. Why create art? Because I like
. It is a way of questioning things.
4. Worried about the significance of your work, you want to achieve fame, glory ?
Fame? Gloria? no. Significance? yes. At least for me art is to generate reflection and questioning
the viewer, it will make q reflecting. You feel challenged. There's work transcends you and becomes part of the culture
5. What is art for you?
A tool to reach the other

6. Do you breathe in something or someone to create?
'm introspective. At least now I can not separate the work of me, my
experiences and their consequences.
7. What is your process of creation?
depends on what you are doing. The more introspective longer and

odds 8. What materials do you like to use?
Working with many materials, but lately I'm focusing on the
dabbling in photography and video
9. Is there a Uruguayan artist, or abroad, of which I welcome your work at this time? In Uruguay
Margaret Whyte, Seba Sáez, Sergio Porro, Magela Ferrero,
Lopez Lage, Juan Uria, Jessie Young, Bidart Ana Cecilia Vignolo, Ernesto Vila.
foreigners, Liliana Porter, Cindy Sherman, Lucian Freud, Takashi Murakami, Rachelle
Mozman, Daniela Edburg, Matthew Barney

10. "I create art generates pleasure or effort? Both
. Art is a profession like all.
11. Do you prefer to work alone in your "workshop", or with other colleagues in collective processes? The workshop
I like to work alone, but I like it when moving around
, dialogues, meetings.
12. Are you exhibiting at this moment or going to state very soon, something you do somewhere? I recently stayed
selected for the 54mo. National Award for Visual Arts
. and exposed together with 34 other artists in the
MNAV

13. What do you do now?, You get to live your artwork?
yet. But I hope to do at some point.
currently working as a graphic designer Gurises Euro RSCG, an advertising agency.
14. Are you working or would like to work on a project for the future?
I'm working on an individual project at this time
15. (Bonus track, answer any of the following 3 or las3, or those who want )
- What would you like to ask you?
- What would you have liked to answer? What if I live for my artwork.
- Become You his own question with its corresponding answer ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment